top of page
Screenshot 2023-06-01 150851.jpg

TEATRX is heading into its 5th year and we have a lot to celebrate and look forward to! 

This fall, La Vida Es Cortos / Life Is Shorts, a short play and film festival is back! This year's festival will include  2 additional performances dedicated to plays and films for young audiences. In the winter, Panto Alicia in Wonderland written and directed by TEATRX will have its world premiere at Stages. Panto Alicia in Wonderland topples headfirst into wonder and fun, studded with parodies of Selena, Shakira, Cardi B, J-Lo, Bad Bunny, and more.


TEATRX continues the work of telling Latinx stories by Latinx writers through Latinx artists. However, none of this is possible without the support from our Houston community. So, we are asking our community and supporters for a donation to help make our 5th year one to remember. 


Your donation helps fund our yearly short play and short film festival that celebrates Latinidad! LVEC features the work of 20-30 Latinx artists. Around 60% of our festival budget honors the artists who participate in the festival from the booth to the stage. Luckily we have a grant from Houston Arts Alliance to alleviate those costs. However, the other 40% which includes venue rental, costumes, props, marketing, and other miscellaneous expenses is not covered by that grant. We invite you to donate to our fundraiser and help us showcase theatre and film that positively impacts our Houston community. 


We are once again able to fundraise through our partnership with Fresh Arts. Fresh Arts is a 501(c)3 that empowers local artists through programs that build knowledge, amplify local resources, and connect communities. Thank you, Fresh Arts.

Donate through Fresh Arts today! Or scroll down for other ways contribute. 

Donation Options

There are several ways to contribute to Houston's Latinx theatre. 


  • Check must be made out to Fresh Arts with "TEATRX" in the memo line. Mail check to Fresh Arts, PO Box 66494 Houston, TX 77266

Directly to TEATRX (not tax-deductible)

  • Venmo - @TEATRX

  • Check or Cash - Check can be made out to TEATRX - A Latinx Theatre Company. Email for address.


  • We accept in-kind donations ranging from goods for raffles to meeting and rehearsal space. Reply to this email to discuss how you would like to partner with TEATRX.

bottom of page